Thursday 28 June 2007

Auschwitz

Laurence Rees, "Auschwitz: The Nazis and the Final Solution", BBC Books, London, 2006.

Yes, I own this... and a highly disturbing book it is too. Brilliantly written and researched. Well balanced study into one of the blackest peroids of humanity :(



"This book is the best book i have ever read. It really opens your eyes to what did happen to what we were told happened. It's unbelievable the way the jews were treated not just the german jews but the jews of the world. The world wars really interest me because I love the fact that there was so many people willing to fight for our country and our countries independence so this book was a must have for me. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. It's a gripping, informative and honest account of what torture and misery thse innocent people were put through. I would recommend this book to anyone in fact mine is being past around to those who want to read it. I would like to congratulate Laurence Rees for a fantastic eye opening book that really pyts a lump in your throat and at the same time makes you feel disgusted at the behavior that (hopefully) nobody would get away with in todays modern times."

line
~ Check my Online Book Catalogue here ~

No comments: